I have put together a list of my favorite blog tools and resources that will make blogging with WordPress easier for any blogger.
- Blog Mastermind Mentoring Program, Yaro Starak’s weekly coaching program for anyone who wants to earn a full-time income as a part-time blogger.
- Before buying a domain name, read How to Pick a Domain Name for your Blog.
- Read my post, WordPress Hosting Specs: What to Look For
Domains and Hosting
- My recommendation for domain registrars are GoDaddy.
- HostGator is one of the only major hosts to offer a monthly payment plan and is my top recommendation for shared hosting.
- BlueHost offers cPanel hosting with a free domain name.
Finding a Theme
- StudioPress, premium WordPress themes.
- Woo Themes, more premium WordPress themes.
- Thesis Theme for WordPress: A top SEO theme with options galore and a great support community.
- Elegant Themes, even more premium WordPress themes.
- Custom WP, custom WordPress themes, when only an original will do.
Marketing and Promotion
- FeedBurner, delivers your blog content to your readers via RSS and email.
- BannersMall, professional banner design.
- Start your own affiliate program and let other people send you customers with WP Affiliate Platform.
- Download Blog Profits Blueprint, a free guide to making money with your blog.
- Add contextual advertising to your site using Google Adsense
- Add eBay listings to your site using phpBay and earn commissions from all sales.
- If you plan on selling your own product or service, check out WordPress eStore, an ecommerce plugin for WordPress.
- WordPress Membership Plugin is an easy way to monetize your WordPress site by turning it into a membership site.